Thursday, September 13, 2007

Lace Motif

I have been playing with some needle-lace lately. I found this motif in a magazine, enlarged it quite a lot, & had plans to work a number of them to create something wonderful. However, my first experiments have fallen flat. I need to use much more support to create the rounded effect that I want at the top. I also need to use more support through the center as it is not strong enough. Oh well, live & learn. It has been back to the drawing board to fix up the design & I have come up with something completely new, which is really better as it is not a copy of someone else's. Watch this space to see the new one emerge.

2 comments:

Sarah E. said...

Jenny, how scrumptious! You are so wonderfully talented...I can't wait to see what you come up with next!!

Dianne said...

I think you own desings are much lovelier anyway can't wait to see it..