Wednesday, February 08, 2017

A New Jumper

My latest finish! It is a new jumper for a male member of my family, knitted in an 8 ply Wool/Alpaca mix from Bendigo Woollen Mills. I am so glad this is finished. It is high summer at the moment, and as this got near completion, it became very heavy and very warm. I had to sit with the bulk of the jumper on the arm of the lounge while I knitted the neckband, and even with fans and air-conditioning, I occasionally struggled.

I had ordered the yarn way back in July last year, and thought I had ordered enough. Well, my calculations said I would have a small amount left over. Either the pattern amounts were incorrect, or I did my calculations incorrectly, but I did not have enough yarn left to do the neckband. I had to order more. As the bulk of the yarn was purchased in July, I knew that getting a ball of the same dye-lot would be extremely lucky. I was correct, and had to have a ball of another dye-lot. As it is the whole neckband, with a different texture than the top of the jumper, it's not noticeable.

The pattern is Sirdar 9248 purchased from Patternfish.

Now this one is finished, I wonder what will be next. UFO's and WIPS here I come.


No comments: