I decided right at the beginning that I would turn it into a needle case, I thought I would have more use of it in that form.
Like a lot of things that do, I will get the stitching done, then they may sit there for quite some time before I finish them or make them up into something. This one has sat for five years. So why did I pick now to finish it?
Well, I was finishing off another UFO and it needed a closure. I wanted to make a hand made toggle. I had made one once, many years ago, and was trying to remember how to do them. What I was producing just wasn't quite right. I could still see the base fabric, ( some white cotton tape) underneath. Well, a month ago, I participated in a mini creative exercise with my Stitchers Plus friends, and I felt sure one of the ladies there would know how to do them. One of them pointed me in the direction of a book which I had a copy of at home. When I looked, the instructions were not quite what I wanted.
So then I asked around at my local stitching group, and was pointed in three different directions. One of the ladies there helped me fix up the dodgy one I had made, and I was also pointed towards one set of workshop notes and two books, all of which I had at home.
The workshop notes were the ones attached to this piece, and they were very clear and precise. So I used those notes to make my toggles on my red needle roll, and my mauve counted thread needle case. So while I was at it I thought I may just as well finish this one off too, it just needed a lining , some needle pages and a toggle closure.
So another UFO finally finished. That's two done for the year, just another eight to go to complete my personal challenge.