The challenge was set by Annette. We were each given a little kit that contained the basic makings of this little needle roll. Included were two needles already threaded with fuseble thread, and a blindfold. Yes, a blindfold! We had to stitch with the thread provided with the blindfold on! Now that certainly was a first, a fun and very interesting exercise! Below was the result of my stitching by feel only. Later I added some more to fill in the gaps.
Then came some fun with the iron. We had a few different foiling sheets to choose from, and I actually used two different colours on my sample which produced an interesting result.
That was as much as I got done on this piece on the day, but when I came home I picked out some threads from my stash and started to stitch.. I added feather stitches, french knots and woven wheels.
The kit also included some Dr's flannel stitched onto a ribbon, which I then stitched onto the back of my decorated piece.
I also added a handmade toggle and twisted cord for closure.
Such a fun day, with a very creative little needle roll as an end result.