Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dorset Buttons

 

Last Monday I had the pleasure to be a part of a Dorset Button workshop with Judith Langdon. What a pleasurable day, & what a pleasure it was to be in Judith's class. I have wanted to make these little gems for some time. I could have figured them out for myself but by being in the class there were other hidden gems to nut out, which may not have happened if I had been on my own. I can be "that student" when I am in a class, asking all the hard & tricky questions, but this didn't phase Judith at all. We spent some memorable time together nutting out how to produce a high top version.

The top pic is my first ever Dorset button, while the one below is my second one. There will be more to come, including some experiments with making a high top version.
 


6 comments:

Linda said...

Just spotted this Jenny, just beautiful, love them both, and can't wait to see more. Lucky you, great class to get into. Cheers.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I have long admired Dorset buttons, and I've contemplated making some. Yours are lovely, and I think I may wind up trying them after all.

Rachel said...

It's always a good idea to start with the basic version before experimenting. I've sometimes rushed ahead, and always regretted it!

Radka said...

I love Dorset buttons, I live in the part of England where they originated from. They are fun to make, you can see some of mine on my blog, under "labels". Yours are so well made :)

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello. I googled Dorset Buttons and your lovely blog came up. Very Very Lovely Dorset Buttons. I have made a few but yours is truly gorgeous. Hugs Judy

kobe said...

my god, it is so amazing