Tuesday, January 22, 2008
I just thought I would share some of the progress on my latest Reticella piece. There really is not much to share at this point. I am still trying to overcome the re-designing I had to do when I made an itsy bitsy counting error. Well, it wasn't really a counting error, it was more about not thinking a design change through properly, which led to a counting error, then to a huge error in stitching on my fabric. This then led to my Reticella border not fitting in the space. When I discovered the mistake, I made the decision to re-design the piece rather than unpick it. I am still on that re-designing process at this point in time. I have had lots of ideas & stitching friends have given me still more ideas. I have written them all down & will work through them one by one to see what will fit in the space that I have. Then I will make a decision as to what I like the best. I would love it to be a Reticella piece, after all, that was the point of the piece in the first place, but that may not happen. It will depend on my design capabilities. The fact that it is on even weave linen opens the space up to all kinds of counted thread techniques. Watch this space for further reports on my progress.