I finished my January TIF challenge today. It has been half finished for a while, just waiting for a few extra bits & pieces to be added. I think it fits in with the given colour scheme as well as following my thoughts on people I admire.
I started with a purple background that was interfaced well. I then set to looking for letter "R"s" to digitize. In the process I found a symbol which I think must be the one used in the Greek Alphabet for "R". It looked interesting so I digitized it, then set it as a pattern in my digitizing program. I then used it as a fill stitch for a background on my purple fabric in darker green thread. I then digitized a fancy "R", copy & pasted, resized & changed colours until I got something I liked. This was then sent to the machine to be stitched out. It looked like it was missing something so a play in my button, ribbon, & thread stash completed the picture.
A tribute to everyone with the letter "R" in their name.