Thursday, February 15, 2007



This afternoon was a bit of fun. I am trying to prepare for another piece of work, ready for an exhibition in October. I have an immage in my head that I want to produce, and part of that involved doing some resist dyeing. So I have tried out two different resists, one using cornflour and one using stitching. I also wanted to try out some colours with the dye to see which would give the best colour for what I wanted. The stitch resist worked the best and the best colour ( I think) is a mix of two different colours. The fun part will be to reproduce the mixed colour ion my actual piece!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I have never heard of stitch resist, so the one you stitched around is where you used it. That is very nice.. Your funny you'll remember, if not some times mistakes work out better...

Sarah E. said...

I really like the colors, Jen, and I'll be interested to see more progress pix...ok ok so I love all your work and I'm drooling here...(VBG)