Thursday, February 01, 2007








Well, it is that time of the year when I have to think about my classes. My Seniors class is the one that I have to think about the most. Remember, they are Seniors, that means they are older than me and have had way more life experiences than I have. One lady has even worked in the textile trade all her life and she is now in her 80's . Most of them come for a day out, some come to chat, and the odd one comes to learn. It is still my job to inspire them and maybe teach them a new skill. Now do you see my delema?




So, my way of getting around this problem is to give them a challenge at the beginning of each term.



This term's challenge is to use scrap fabrics, cut it into strips, then do something with it. Of course, I have lots of magazine pics and a few things of my own to inspire them but it will be really interesting to see what they come up with.



So I went through my own fabric stash and chose the ones in the top pic, I have then cut them into different widths and stitched them together to form one large piece of fabric which is the bottom pic. I now have to think of what to do with it. I have an idea but that means a lot more work. But that is OK because this thing is talking to me already. I feel lots of machine embroidery about to happen.



1 comment:

Dianne said...

Hello Jenny
I'm sure Miss Magic Fingers will find the answer.. The strips sewing together look quite nice together,can't wait to see the
embroidery and how it will chage the look..