Thursday, November 22, 2007

A New Toy To Play With

Last Saturday was A Stitches Plus day. It was our last meeting for the year, so Christmas lunch (where we all brought a plate), & an inspirational walk in the bush was the order of the day. So armed with camera , I set off with everyone to photograph anything which caught my attention. There were amazing seed pods, beautiful & interesting Australian wildflowers, multi-coloured & textured gum leaves, interesting rock formations & much more. I turned on the camera only to find it would not turn on fully. Disaster! After much fiddling, changing of batteries, prodding & poking, I gave up on the camera & resorted to my very limited sketching skills.

Yesterday I took the camera into my local camera store to see if they could shed any light on the problem. After much prodding & poking by the technician, I was told that it would cost $$$$$ to fix & I could buy a new one for just a few $ more. So I am now the proud owner of a brand new camera which takes pics like this.
A daisy which is about 5cm in diameter.
A 2cm width sample of my bobbin lace.
Anyone like to guess what this is?All I have to do now is learn how to use it to it's fullest. The camera shop will give me free lessons so I think I will take them up on their offer.

3 comments:

Digitalgran said...

Hi Jenny. Thanks for the comment on SerenTex. There's a photo of the finished piece on Digital Gran at the North Wales EG exhibition.
Now that camera looks just what I would enjoy. What did you buy as I might need one soon. They change so quickly don't they.
Mags

Dianne said...

I think its something from a coral reef, could be wrong:).The camera takes great pics..
I'm crazy about seed pods and the ones from Australia are the best.
We have nothing like them here. I got a couple a pkgs of popouriee and it had lots of pods from there.
I'm going to paint them and add them to Christmas wreaths..

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny
Like your new camera. I think it's lichen.
have enjoyed catching up with your blog.
Happy holidays and looks like you will have a very creative 2008.
Toni