Sunday, January 18, 2009

W.I.P Number 42 - Finished


Over the last few weeks my W.I.P. spreadsheet list has grown some & reduced some. After finding a few WIPs in odd places, the list got to be at 42, but has gone back to 41 with the finishing of this bookmark. I started this a number of years ago for a bookmark swap with one of my on-line groups. The bookmarks required at the time were all finished & sent, & this piece of fabric was left over, waiting for me to do another one. I pulled it out of my stash before Christmas, thinking I could do a quick present for someone, but that never eventuated, & the fabric stayed at the bottom of my sewing tin, until the last few days.
The fabric is one I created myself, sandwiching threads & paper between homespun & organza. I then surface stitched over the top with chain stitch & woven wheels, finished the edges with machine satin stitch, and decorated the bottom with a tassel of the same thread.
Mmmmm................. maybe I have started my Christmas present making for 2009 very early.

2 comments:

laura_rose said...

Hi Jenny, I love it...your Christmas gift recipients are very lucky :)

MargB said...

Yes Lovely bookmark jenny - I wish i was half as organised.