Monday, September 26, 2011

A Tissue Cover


I have been busy stitching a cover for those little tissue packets we all tend to carry in our purses. One of the ladies in my embroidery group has been showing me how.


Worked on Dublin fabric with Perle thread in a pulled thread style of embroidery, they look so much prettier than plastic with brand names written all over them.

This is how they look flat, before being stitched up.My apologies for the quality & colourof the top pic, it was taken with my phone. The actual colour is more like the bottom pic which was done with a scanner.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Absolutely stunning Jenny. I'm faced with that same dilemma at the moment - need to make these little things, but change my usual way of doing them, as the package opening has changed. This is fabulous, thanks.